Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hillside Cafe + Juice Bar


Hillside Cafe and Juice Bar opened a week ago close to my son's Waldorf school and Beyond Yoga QC where I teach Yin Yoga every Wednesdays and Thursdays. Yay for another healthy place to eat and hang out! 

If you haven't heard of Cedar Hills on Mother Ignacia Street yet, you must pay this cool compound a visit. The cafe is tucked in lush greens which is quite pleasing to the eye!


We scheduled a FLOW meeting there to show our support to Noelle who is part owner of this fab new establishment. Denise and I navigated towards the juice bar (maybe the energy is strongest towards the freshest ingredients?) and got ourselves the BEET IT and CREAMY GREEN juices before ordering our meals. It's best to drink freshly pressed juice on an empty stomach for optimal absorption of nutrients. 


We wanted their tomato soup but it wasn't available so pumpkin soup it is! I love edible art. 


Noelle wanted us to try the Lentil Malunggay Hummus (175php). The crackers were light and crunchy and the dip is so healthy and filling. I highly recommend Malunggay to nursing mothers so if you're pregnant or nursing you MUST order this, ok?


We just had to request for a vegetarian pizza so we asked the kitchen to make a Four Cheese Pizza with Arugula (195php) which is not on the menu but yes you can order it, too! They make their own pizza crust, by the way. No MSG in this pizza. Yahoo!


Pasta-free Eggplant Parmigiana (195php) just layers of eggplant with cheese and tomato sauce & herbs. So, I suppose this is gluten-free for those of you following a GF diet!


Here's their menu for you to choose healthy eats from next time you're in the area!


I wasn't able to take a photo of the Chicken Tacos (165php) I ordered but make sure to try their chicken dishes because Backyard Farms supply the pasture raised, hormone free and antibiotic free chickens. I've stopped eating commercially grown chicken until Backyard Farms came along because I want to eat only clean good food for me and my family.


See you there one of these days! 

Hillside Cafe and Juice Bar
11am-10pm
Cedar Hilla Garden Center
57 Mother Ignacia St. QC

Follow them on IG @hillsidecafeph

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...