Friday, July 27, 2012

Raw Truffles: Choco Chili Bliss Balls

I recently purchased a food processor on sale from the nearest grocery store. They went on a half-off sale so I said, might as well invest so I can create my own concoctions rather than buying sweet treats from the stores.

It might just be the best kitchen purchase so far because now I can easily blend ingredients for raw desserts without the hassle of scraping every last bit of morsel form the bottom of my blender!


Here is my recipe for Raw Truffles which I named Choco Chili Bliss Balls hugely inspired by Theo & Philo's Labuyo Dark Chocolate with Chili :)




Ingredients:

  • Walnuts
  • Dates
  • Cacao Powder (preferably raw & organic)
  • Chili Powder
  • Sea Salt
  • Coconut Milk (optional)
  • Virgin Coconut Oil (optional)


Procedure: Raw Vegan recipe books will ask you to soak the walnuts and dates to remove enzyme inhibitors but I must admit that I got excited and didn't get to at all. I found recipes online that didn't specify so I just tossed walnuts and dates in the food processor together with the cacao powder and used the S-blade until coarse. Then I slowly pulsed with sea salt, chili powder and chose to add coconut milk. Be careful with the coconut milk as this can turn your mixture from grainy to fudge. Scoop from food processor with a spoon and use clean hands/fingers to ball them and soak with vco before freezing. It should be ready in a few hours for sharing. Eat within a few days. Best paired with organic wine after dinner ;)

This is such a fun activity to do with your children. Santi helped me for awhile until he decided that 3 balls was his limit because he realized his hands got a bit muddy :P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...