Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY All-Natural Body Scrub & Face Mask

Sundays seem to be the perfect day to do DIY projects. I got a little creative in the kitchen today making all-natural products for my skin ;)

Refreshing Citrus Body Scrub

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of VCO (virgin coco oil)
- Calamansi juice (3-4 pcs)
- 1 cup of sugar
- Mint leaves
- Essential Oils (optional)

Directions: Mix all of the ingredients and store in an airtight container (or attract ants/cockroaches!) Scrub on skin lightly as this may be quite abrasive. Use within the week. You may choose to use the mask after scrubbing. I just did!

Moisturizing Face & Body Mask

Ingredients:
- Avocado
- Honey (optional)

Directions: Mash avocado to paste and mix in heated honey if you want. I saved my honey and just used leftover avocados from my fridge. Lather on face and/or body with your fingers or a spatula and wait 15-20 minutes before rinsing off. Instead of lying down, I massaged myself and felt quite luxurious. Picture yourself in some Balinese spa while you're at it! (note: avocados are aphrodisiacs so even massaging the fruit on body can be quite sensual!)

To lock in moisture, I used a vco and aloe vera based soap to wash off and lathered vco again. Self-care beed not be expensive. Basic kitchen ingredients can make your skin silky smooth and glowing like Cleopatra ;) Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...