Saturday, January 24, 2015

On Teaching




The past few weeks I have been busy studying and preparing a class presentation because I led two modules at the current Beyond Yoga teacher training. My section was on a BIG topic, Yoga Philosophy: Sutras by Patanjali and the Chakra System. 

Despite agreeing, I first felt inadequate and questioned myself. But as I mentally prepared by studying and put together a multi-media deck for the trainees, I fell in love all over again with being a yoga teacher. Of course, I am first a wife and a mother. But another purpose of mine is to teach and spread the light, ignite the spark that is within all of us.

Posted this a few days ago on my Facebook timeline. I thought it was inspiring. Happy Sunday!

“Truth is the same always. Whoever ponders it will get the same answer. Buddha got it. Patanjali got it. Jesus got it. Mohammed got it. The answer is the same, but the method of working it out may vary this way or that. (115)” -Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...