Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Reincarnation

I've always been fascinated by reincarnation (even way before becoming immersed in yoga- which also believes in reincarnation). I remember my mom used to tell me when I was a toddler that we already knew each other in a past life, and I believed her. Somehow, I knew in the deepest core of my soul that this concept is true. 

In recent years, my interest in reincarnation/past lives is how I stumbled into my studies on Kabbalah. Two years ago, I was intrigued by the lectures of Gahl Sasson at the Asia Yoga Conference in Hong Kong. Gahl is a mystic who lectures on Kabbalah, Astrology & Psychology. The lecture that reeled me in was "The People You Were: Exploring Your Past Lifetimes Using Regression"

Read the description of this lecture below:

Ever feel like you were somebody else in a past lifetime? Have you ever visited a place for the first time, but felt at home and instinctually knew your way around? 

Ever have irrational fears or unexplained reactions to situations? Wonder where they might come from? Is death really the end? 


Discover how other cultures view death and the afterlife as we explore what happens to the soul after it leaves the body.


Gahl also led us through a past life regression and meditation, helping you:

*Gain access to former lives.

*Create a space for healing phobias, and removing blocks.

*Release physical and emotional pain.

*Experience time travel from within.

Travel through time as you access your past lives. 

So, Gahl introduced me to Dr. Brian Weiss and I remember buying all of Weiss' books on past life regression available in Hong Kong after that lecture. Pretty powerful stuff, made me cry buckets on the plane going home.


Since then, I know now that the physical body is merely the container of our immortal soul. When we die, our soul moves on to a new container (if we haven't finished what we came here to do in the first place). 

"The antimaterial particle within the material body passes from boyhood to youth to old age, leaves the old unworkable body and takes up another one." - AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

In essence, there is similarities with Rodolph Steiner's Anthroposophy. In Santi's Waldorf schools, it is taught to parents and teachers that these young souls/children, chose us parents even before coming to this world. With that knowledge, we already know that there IS a reason why they are our children and we are the parents. There are lessons to be learned specifically by us. I can't help but remember one of my yoga teachers, Mo-Ching Yip who says "My family, my karma". In yogic belief, this rings true as well. 

I'll never forget that moment my son was born and I gazed into his eyes, it's as if our souls already knew each other. I felt it. And I knew then that our relationship was special, we had this cosmic bond :)

So many things to be said about this topic but it's good that another enlightened soul is on her way to Manila to come and speak about her book on reincarnation! See details of the event below:

click to enlarge

Karen Berg talks about soul mate in her new book "To Be Continued... Reincarnation and the Purpose of our Lives."

Soul mates can take many forms. They can be parent and child, business partners, or even best of friends. Who in your life is your soul mate?

There has been changed to the talk. Yehuda Berg (the son of Karen Berg) will be speaking instead on Kabbalah, why Now?


January 15, 2013
SMX Convention Center
7PM

Limited complimentary seats available and option to upgrade to get the book for free!

1 comment:

mutangpusa said...

past life regression is something i've wanted to do for the longest time. I've met a lot of people that I've felt an automatic inexplicable connection with. It's an instant connection that's a lot different from people who feel like new souls but I've ended up close to anyway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...