There was this expert that guested on Oprah weeks ago. He was talking about clutter in our homes (which we all have) and I found it so interesting. I also found his job, 'organizational expert' peculiar. So, I went on to do some research on him and found these tips below on memory clutter:
How to free yourself from memory clutter
- Realize that if you let go of an item, you do not let go of that person. People do not live on through material items.
- Hold on to items that only bring back positive memories, not painful ones.
- If there are items that encourage you to keep up a ritual based on grief, consider letting it go and focus on the positive instead.
- Make sure your space has a great representation of the past but also leaves room for you to celebrate the present and plan for the future.
- Keep the items that truly represent your loved one
"Having loosened our grip of the past, we are free to reach for the future"
-Ann D. Clark