Monday, November 18, 2013

Yin Yoga Teacher Training March 2014

I simply adore Yin Yoga. It is like no other yoga form because instead of activating the muscles, you work with deeper layers of the body like the fascia tissue, joints and bones by holding the poses in a 'soft surrendering state' for at least 3 minutes and more. I find that it is beginner friendly because we use props like bolsters, blocks and blankets in most poses. It is extremely relaxing once you get the groove of it. And it has a very serene effect on the mind.

I have been practicing this style of yoga since I discovered it through my first ever class under Margo Lao back when Pulse Yoga studio still existed in Greenhills.


Margo Lao was the first ever Filipina certified in Yin Yoga. She also happens to be a strong Ashtanga teacher, certified as well with Antigravity at Beyond Yoga (my batchmate!) and is now a rockin' Raw Food Chef for her brand, Raw Food and Yoga. At 40, she's truly inspirational! I just want to be like her when the time comes :)

My Yin practice continued on with self-study; mostly of articles & videos of Paul Grilley, a book by Bernie Clark and whatever material I could get my hands on. I attended the Asia Yoga Conference to meet Victor Chng and Bernie Clark to attend workshops and until I pursued teacher training myself under Victor Chng in Singapore last year. Since then, I have been leading Yin Yoga classes at Beyond Yoga and at the FLOW Surf Yoga Samba Weekend Retreats.

This coming March - Beyond Yoga will be offering a 50 hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Jo Phee, one of the first certified Yin Yoga teachers in Asia. She was also a primary teaching assistant to Paul and Sarah Grilley for many years. She is registered as a Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500 trainer.


To sign up early (avail of the early bird rate!) or have any questions about the practice or the training, please email me at monica@igobeyondyoga.com



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...