I've been seeing this fun running event for moms and their families on my social feeds for years since 2007 yet, I never had the chance to go because of previous commitments. This year, I am pledging to go take my 8 year old son on our first run together! With all his energy, I think it would be a good experience for him to mingle with other parents and children while running....eventually walking is okay too, I suppose!
Come join us on Sunday, March 6, 2016 at the 6th Mommy Milkshake Run. There will be a 3km and 5km run along the BGC area. You know my son and I will be choosing the 3km run! It's open to expectant moms, moms & dads (with or without slings and strollers), toddlers & kids. The run will have no time limit. (Yay!)
Since the event is a family friendly fun run, the organizers promises to have all our needs taken care of. They will provide Portable Toilets, as well as a Breastfeeding station and lounge for the nursing moms. It is called a Milkshake Run after all! There will also be a diaper changing area for parents with babies and toddlers, ample water stations along the route to provide hydration for all participants, first aid stations and medics will be available for any untoward incidents.
And guess what? You won’t need to carry your little one for the entire race, as you can bring a stroller for them. Yay! So I guess I'm bringing the toddler, too!
However, bikes, skateboards, hover boards, and roller skates during the run. Pets are also not allowed.
After the run, everyone will receive a certificate of participation, as well as a bag of goodies from our sponsors.
There will also be a family fair with games, music, raffle prizes, food carts, special awarding ceremony, and an inflatable section for all the kids.
Here are a few things to remember:
1. Registration period is from January 25 to February 14. Payments will be accepted until February 15. We will follow the No payment, No run policy, so please be prompt.
Registration is required for every participant, including children.
2. On February 13 and 14, you can register and pay at Planet Sports, BGC, from 12 noon
3. Registration Fee are as follows:
Children ages 2-12 years old = P300
*Children below 2 years of age can enter for free, but has to be registered.
3k = P500
5k = P650
4. You can claim your Race Kits from February 22 to March 4 at the Creative Juice office in 2F Fun Ranch, Frontera Verde, Ortigas Ave. Pasig City. Other pick up sites will be announced in Mommy Mundo's social media pages.
5. Race kits include The 6th Mommy Milkshake Run Singlet, Map of the venue, and the 3k/5k route.
6. On Race day, it is important to know that registration will start at 5:30am, location of meet up, to be determined. Race bibs will be handed to you upon registration. For our pregnant participants, please provide a medical certificate from your doctor/OB Gyne, allowing you to join this race.
7. Opening Program starts at 6:00am, where we will stretch and warm up our bodies before the run.
8. Race starts at 6:30am for the 5k run and 6:40am for the 3k run.
For more details, please visit www.mommymundo.com/milkshakerun2016
The 2016 Mommy Milkshake Run is supported by Curves, Gatorade, Hi-Precision Diagnostics,
Growers, The Fort City, Working Mom, and The Bull Runner, Bonifacio Global City Estate and Ambucore.