Thursday, February 05, 2015

Product Review: A Battalion of Bug Off Sprays

I am unashamed to admit that I hoard products, skin products to be exact. Natural and organic ones are my preferred choices for myself and my kids. If you like spending lots of time outdoors like my family, you MUST douse yourself with insect repellent or dare to be eaten alive! 

Here's a review of the ones that I have used and literally collect at mi casa.


1. INDIGObaby's Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me will always be a favorite for my children. My son Santi has used this all-natural aromatherapy based milk lotion for over 7 years already! What I use for my kids, I use on myself too. Unlike other lotion based products, this lathers on quite lightly on the skin because it is easily absorbed and smells so fresh without the too-strong scent of citronella which I am not too fond off. The synergy of therapeutic-grade aromatherapy oils like lavender, citronella, geranium, rose and eucalyptus work like a charm to ward of mosquitoes. Available at www.indigobabyshop.com

2. Kiele Baby Cologne is my husband's new thing. Yes, you read that right. I was given these last Christmas for my children but it is my husband who finished 2 whole bottles to himself. He says it reminds him of good childhood memories. LOL. It's true that scents can drive memory. "According to some research, studying information in the presence of an odor actually increases the vividness and intensity of that remembered information when you smell that odor again", says this article. Now it is quite potent so you don't need much, just a spray will do. Get yours from www.seektheuniq.com

3. Messy Baby Bug Repellent Cologne a similar product to Kiele's is quite new to me. I guess the hit-two-birds-with-one-stone approach works for many. Keep your baby smelling good while warding off peskies. I bring this travel-friendly spray bottle with me whenever I travel with baby (which is a lot!). I like that they call their products "seriously safe" because we need to protect our little ones from pesks and harmful chemicals, too! Messy Baby has an online store here.

4. Body-Food All Natural Insect Repellent is a light mist using Witch Hazel as base and essential oils of Citronella, Eucalyptus, Citidora, Lavender, Peppermint and Geranium. It is addicting to spray because of its pleasant smell as if a handful of flowers bursted infront of you. No, I'm not joking. It's floral scent reminds me of gardens and tea parties. Also, if you appreciate glass bottles (another thing I hoard!), you would love this because you may re-use the container. How green can you get? Order from Casa Natura Shop, Viber 0917-8386261

5. The Farm Bug Off Spray is one I look forward to using whenever I am at The Farm. It has the signature lemongrass scent of the place. If you've been there, you would know what I am talking about. Fresh lemongrass in burners on the hallways,lemongrass in the bodyscrub of your shower and lemongrass tea after meals. Essential oils used in this product- Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavender, Eucalpytus and Peppermint with an extra dose of Moringa and Virgin Coconut Oil which has distinct insect repelling properties. You can buy this from their Manila sales office at the Manila Peninsula, Makati City.

6. Vanilla Bug Off  an organically pure mosquito repellent that is good enough TO EAT! I would use this on areas close to my face because it's only made from Vanilla oil, water and alcohol. For sugar addicts, you can using this, smell real sweet and dream of cupcakes and muffins. Purchase from www.cutieverse.com

Do you use any other brands of insect repellent? I would love to hear your thoughts about the products you use so that I can try it too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...