Saturday, November 08, 2014

Date Night at Senju


A few nights back my husband asked me to accompany him to a special dinner at Senju. 

"Of course, I would date you!", was my flirty reply :) 

This is a very RARE occasion because we are never without our children. I have trust issues with leaving our kids with the nannies alone especially since the helpers are very new. Luckily, my parents agreed to help baby-sit that evening. God bless grandparents! 

The 6 course culinary show was paired with Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage champagnes. I honestly had to resist drinking all of the selections since I am still exclusively nursing Maya. When I wean, I can enjoy drinking on social occasions (which isn't often!)


For our appetizers: Grilled lobster, simmered winter melon and eel. Grilled saber fish (fantastic!) and Hiroshima oyster shell. This course was paired with Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage Blanc 2003.


Soup was Brasenia leaves, lady finger, sea bream and plum which was very light and citrusy on the palette. 


Hamachi, Shake, Toro, Ika, and Uni Sashimi. The waiters advised us to mix the flowers in the soy sauce and wasabi for a tinge of floral flavour. How very interesting and unique.


No momo or Simmered Dish: Japanese Eggplant and Prawn. I didn't have the prawn but I can eat eggplant everyday so I savored that together with the green peppers.


Sorry, I didn't get to take a photo of the main dish which was the Grilled Kobe Beef in Honey Sauce paired with Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage Rose 2004.

Since I don't eat beef, I chose not to have the dish served to me to lessen food wastage. According to my date, it was very good though!

My golden rule: MUST always leave room for dessert! Green tea cheesecake with red bean and sesame tuile with Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage Rose 2003. 


With us at our very bubbly table: Pen Uy from Jewelmer (who is my Kabbalah study group batchmate!), Mika of SeekTheUniq.com, Meg Entrata and Chad Alarcon of Moët & Chandon.


Thank you to Moët & Chandon and EDSA Shangri-la for hosting the amazing dinner that night. Superb food, champagnes and fine service.


Senju

Edsa Shangri-la Manila, One Garden Way, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong

For reservations, call 633-888 or email senju.esl@shangri-la.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...