Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jojiberry + The Farm Organics

One thing I love is seeking out new places that serve healthy eats and drinks. Recently, before our Flow Boracay retreat, I accompanied Denise to drop off INDIGObaby merchandise at Jojiberry. She's been talking about this place for months but I never had the time or patience to look for it. (Like being in a routine, you don't really step out of your comfort zone to search for something out of the way?) Good thing Denise brought me here!
 

Jojiberry is a fairly new health food store and smoothie place, a skip and a hop away from the Beyond Yoga QC studio! My body temperature was begging me to get something cold so I tried one of their smoothies- Blueberry Superhealth (P165) made from wild berries, yoghurt and raw walnuts. This I looooved! I'll definitely be back to try their other interesting flavors: Goji Long Life (goji berries, strawberries, yoghurt), Cacao Magic (chocolate soymilk, cacao nibs) and PB and J (peanut butter, whey protein, cacao nibs)


They have similar products to Healthy Options

local and imported suppliers for health food items
This place is truly a a hidden gem in Quezon City. If you want organic greens, free range eggs, superfoods and all that other good stuff for your body, you must check this place out!

Jojiberry is located at 4th Floor Crossroad 77 Mother Ignacia Ave. corner Scout Reyes, QC
---

Just today, Denise and I saw that The Farm Organics finally opened in Alabang. We were looking into buying some fresh greens for take home but when we entered, they didn't have any. We were told that they use their produce for the food they serve. I've been hearing about this brand for awhile now. They supply many groceries with their organic meats, so I obviously have not tried it since I have not eaten red meat for many years now. But maybe I should consider buying for my husband next time?


Denise with Santi and Ben and baby-in-tummy about to order from their menu...


This is their working menu for now. We met the owner, Tom Favis. According to him, this menu isn't complete yet. So, they must be adding more as they test out the market first.



Today's 36 degree heat deserved some cooling off so we ordered their Very Berry Smoothie (P150) Can you tell that we're really into these drinks!  I also ordered the Vegan Mushroom Burger (P290) which was filling, good and cheesy. I liked the burger bun, crunch of the fresh greens and mushroom pattie. Tom mentioned that Marco Lobregat of Ministry of Mushrooms supplies these patties for them. I wonder if the cheesy-ness was made from nutritional yeast....


The Farm Organics is located along Don Jesus Blvd. Alabang Hills beside BDO
and Twitter @TheFarmOrganics

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...