Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fashion Struggles with My Boys

In his element: naked under the Palawan sun during one picnic trip to the river.

My son takes after his father. It really is a challenge to get both of them to wear anything beyond t-shirt and shorts. If they could, they would be half-naked all day, just like they were in Palawan.

Boat ride around the islands of El Nido


So, whenever we get invited to weddings and are part of the entourage, I cringe at the thought of the fittings and wedding day itself (it seems that these are forms of torture for my boys). My son  complains of the itchy barong fabric or whatever formal outfit he is being asked to wear. Soon enough I know he will start to cry. See photo below from my wedding in 2008.

Santi very very annoyed at this point
 Sometimes, with a lot of convincing talks and bribes, it all starts okay. Below is a photo of Santi in full outfit sans the barong. We've learned to put the barong at the very last minute right before he walks if he is a bearer.


Then right after the ceremony, he changes into something he feels more comfortable in. His everyday get up- shorts and a t-shirt. Good thing this beach wedding was pretty chill and everyone was asked to wear the flip-flop giveaways during the reception.


And don't get me started on Halloween.


6 comments:

Sweet Balucanag said...

oh, your little boy is cute... i hope you don't get a lot of headaches with him. =)

Rone Valles Guerrero said...

Hahaha! He is such a buggy. I love it.

Ami said...

Love this :)
Marcus is the same - he is always just in shorts or boxers if around the house. And whenever I dress up Luke in a shirt and shorts or a onesie, if I leave and come back, Marcus has taken off his clothes and he'll just be in a diaper, or in a diaper and a sando. Haha. Gotta love it. I figure I'll just have to be extra fashionable to represent the family ;-)
(Which you have no problem with obviously!)
xxx

DharmaDreams said...

Thank you for all your comments, ladies :) My boys are funny like that. They both keep me VERY grounded. teehee

DharmaDreams said...

Thank you for all your comments, ladies :) My boys are funny like that. They both keep me VERY grounded. teehee

DharmaDreams said...

Thank you for all your comments, ladies :) My boys are funny like that. They both keep me VERY grounded. teehee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...