Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Child of Light

May 9, 2010: Today marks a real blessing. Three years has gone by since the birth of my precious Santi.


How delightful for the universe to have brought me an early Mother's Day present! I will never forget that pivotal day. The feeling was overwhelming, the most powerful I've felt in this lifetime..a mixture of genuine love and gratitude for my newborn baby. I immediately fell into tears the very first time I set my eyes on him. At that moment, time stood still. It was so beautiful, everything made sense because love filled my whole self and connected me to this sentient little being. Nothing else seemed to matter because love is all there is! Despite our un-natural birth, I was awake and aware of this magical experience.

Soon, however, he cried and cried... and cried most of his infancy. "Colic", they call it. I followed my heart and intuitively chose a more conscious approach in parenting, always acting towards him in a loving manner. I breastfed, wore him in slings & pouches and slept beside him in our bed. He was never left to cry and was always held in my arms close to my heart. The rhythmic beats, my familiar scents and warm milk soothed him day and night. I was sleepless and exhausted for months. "So, this is motherhood", I thought to myself. Complete surrender of yourself for your beloved.

And so we learned to dance our dance. I met all of his needs and he, in turn, blossomed into a bountiful, beautiful & blissful boy.
Like a little caterpillar, he grew...

and grew...
and grew...

undoubtedly thriving in our light and love.

As you turn another year older, I send out to the universe my heartfelt wishes and dreams for you. Within you, you carry all my deep intentions. Can you feel me pulse through you, Santi?

I know my only purpose is to guide you because you are not mine to keep. I shall do my very best in raising you mindfully, teaching you about your own light and hope that you learn to shine and touch other souls, like you have touched mine.

Thank you for coming into my life as my little guru, teaching me the virtues of patience and kindness, reminding me to live in the present moment for time with you is fleeting. And finally, thank you for teaching me how to let go.

Remember that you are life's longing for itself, my Indigo baby, my child of light & love, my little guru. Rock on and sail away sweet child. Your destiny awaits :)

7 comments:

The Dainty Mom said...

Monica,
Congratulations on your Santi's third birthday! How happy it is for you to have such a blessing in your life. I have my own little bundle of joy now, so I am thrilled that I, along with many other moms, am akin to you in this experience (though my baby is but six months old).
Keep on inspiring other moms to live in wonder. You do an awful good job of it.

Jp Caber said...

superb! undoubtedly a mother's unconditional love =) proud to be indigobaby (your) follower!

deelirious said...

very well said mons..you are a sweetheart and sanch is sooooooo blessed to be your little caterpillar! we miss you loads in manila but are happy for the move you've made! kisses from us!

xoxo

cris said...

Hi! I've been a silent reader of your blog...you are so inspiring! I wish I could move to Palawan, too, or any other island paradise. :)

blissful COW said...

So inspiring Monica. 3 years they next time you wake up he will be 10. Believe me it goes by so fast. Cherish every moment of Santi's toddler years. There is still a lot to learn. Happy happy birthday Santi.Miss you guys!

Ana Kamila G. Niguidula said...

dear mon,
this is beautiful.I still have my piece on Jack on hold, too emotional about his turning 3 to write anything at all. Time goes so fast and now Jose is almost 1. how beautiful children are. It is an understatement to even use the word precious.It is indescribable how valuable each moment is.
happy to have a friend like you. God Bless you and your wonderful family

dharmadreams said...

Thank you for all the good words :) Sending you all gifts of positivity from Palawan! XOXO

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...