The 2-bedroom condo is a wedding gift from M's family and although it isn't new and posh like Rockwell (*sigh*) it will serve us well. Finally, we get 2 rooms which means Santi will have an extra room for his toys and also all my clothes and shoes (room turned into a huge walk-in closet!) Plus, it has a maids room which is double yey for me because that means we get to keep our yaya and/or all around help. The location is ok because it is right across a grocery and close to shopping central district.
It's going to be a huge transition in our lives and I have a big bag of emotions in me.
Things I will miss here in San Juan:
1. The garden - Santi loves the outdoors so much and it breaks my heart that condo living will take that form him :( No more walking out in the garden, playing with the dogs or copying Daddy with the gardening tools.
2. The fresh air - We like to keep our windows open here because we live on top of a small hill and right outside is a nice view of San Juan streets and neighbors. No pollution (except for days when annoying neighbor burn leaves!@#!).
3. My INDIGObaby showroom! - We are still uncertain about our plans for our business. If it stays here in San Juan or move to Makati. Wherever it may be, I sure hope my clientele follows are grow even more!
4. Sharing our lives with people - As I've said, I call this a halfway house because we share the compound with my brother, his girlfriend and her sister, their son, my cousin, my brother's friend, my bestfriend and her son, and all our help combined.
5. Greenhills and Pure Gold - cheap stuff. Nuff said.
Things I am glad to leave behind:
1. Rats - Believe me when I say that San Juan is notorious for these pests. This city is built on top of canals where maybe hundreds of them live. The ones I've seen roaming around the compound are as big as fat cats and are a real threat!
2. Annoying neighbors who burn leaves - In tagalog they call it 'nansisiga' and I have given up calling the attention of neighbors with their nasty habit of polluting the air. (It doesn't help when my older brother does it occasionally when I am not around!)
Things that excite me:
1. Decorating the place with furniture! - I already asked for my mom's mod inspired orange chair with foot stool for our new pad. We also have an assortment of items unopened from the wedding gifts pile reserved just for the new place.
2. Being closer to my parents, friends and the rest of society - Yahoo. I am seeing a future with more lunches with girlfriends I miss so much! Maybe possible nights out since I am not so far away anymore?
3. Organic Markets! - FINALLY I can walk to the Salcedo and Legaspi markets (both which I have never been to, what a shame!)
4. Having my OWN kitchen - I can try cooking again. Meat-less of course :)
Now let me get back to net window shopping for some home items while Santi is still asleep. Ciao!