Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Lunaception

Before I got pregnant, I had a very regular menstrual cycle. I did not follow any calendar schedules. I just followed the moon!

Each time the moon was full, I knew I was about to have my period. I always thought "hey, it's so cool that my cycle is attuned to nature's", but I never really read on it. Today, however, I came across the concept of lunaception and the correlation of the moon with the menstrual cycles. (There is such a thing after all!)

According to Wikipedia-- Traditional sources agree that the menstrual cycle is linked to the cycle of the moon. These sources generally indicate that women menstruate at the time of the new moon, and ovulate at the full moon.

The world and it's mysteries.... so fascinating!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...