Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Turning 25

I am officially an adult. My, oh, my. I just celebrated my 25th birthday last Sept. 16... my very first birthday as a mum. All my other birthdays (in recent years) were spent with single, crazy friends getting really drunk and wasted on alcohol at clubs, bars or hotel rooms. Nope, that was not the scene this year.

This time around, we celebrated with mostly family and a few friends (who happens to have babies too) at the Diamond Hotel's 3-bedroom Hospitality Suite. Very wholesome, I tell you.

Here are photos before the party:

The SuiteOne of the adjoining rooms

During the party:
One of the birthday cakesBenny grabs Santi's toys

The trio: Sab, ME, DengThe celebrant bouncing on the life saver ball

After the party:
My butt naked Santipants loving the tub

Happy 25th birthday to mummy me! I received the best gift EVER this year...I was given a baby boy. I give credit to my own mum, who gave birth to me 25 years ago. I have joined you in this sorority of motherhood. I am now fully responsible for another human being (yikes!). I will shape his actions, values and worldview. Brace yourself Santiago, you're in for the ride of your life. Mummy will show you things others only dream of. We're in this lifetime together!

3 comments:

Zharmagne said...

The pic of Benny and Santi is so funny!

jencc said...

"I have joined you in this sorority of motherhood. I am now fully responsible for another human being (yikes!)."

the mere thought of it is scary no? but you're sure doing such a great job, monix! just wanted to remind you that you should never forget yourself. if you need a two hour break, go and get it, you DESERVE it, great momma! HUGS to you!!

BY NATURE said...

belated happy birthday, monica! :) i really enjoy viewing santi's photos. he has some similarities with my 2nd son :) here's to motherhood! cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...