Sunday, July 01, 2007

"I'm Getting Married!"

Yep, it's official. I am to wed late next year to the father of my child. Hurray!

So, how is Monica as ze wedding planner? Must I say, I love it! The Virgo in me has awaken; I have already made a tentative guest list & entourage picks, scouted for church & reception venue duo's, contacted the dress designer & hair stylist. Of course there's more that I should do but give me a break, I just started! Thank god for the wonderful world wide web for fab wedding sites such as theknot.com - so chic, so aspirational!

As they say, every woman dreams of her wedding day since she is a little girl and always refers to it as her 'big day', the most important day of her life even (perhaps, more appropriate to say, the most exhilarating). I am feeling very excited about this. Yes, I am sounding Cinderella-ish and surprisingly, I don't mind at all. ;)

Despite all those righteous years of me not believing in marriage as an institution to keep (how negative, noh?), I finally have come to terms with myself. That topic alone deserves its own article which I will save for a rainy (shall I say, gloomy?) day.

As I ask in facebook (the somewhat new friendster), "Do you believe in unconditional surrender?"

I answer YES!

Yes to: love! romance! togetherness! surprises! happy joyful moments!
But also to: quarrels. compromise. space. mundane days. pain. forgiveness.

Yes to it ALL. I surrender myself, all my vulnerabilities.

On a lighter note, here are some images to inspire me as I hum the wedding march..tantantanan!

5 comments:

donna said...

that's exciting, happy news! and oooooh love the dress and the ring =).

glad to see you're going into marriage with your head on your shoulders. what you said is true - there will be good days, bad days, so-so days.

post some pics ha?

Frances said...

Yes, Monica, marriage is a very good thing. Vince said the other day, "Marriage is all about growth." May you grow in love and joy and maturity and health and patience and wealth and friendship and laughter till the very very end of your happy lives!

jencc said...

wishing you guys the best, monix!

LiLLy said...

congratulations!!!

I'm happy and very excited for you! Planning (and spending) and organizing is so much fun! That's why i decided to be my own wedding organizer.

Anyway, you might wanna check this out.. www.weddingannouncer.com

Rhea said...

congrats, monica! :) i remember planning our own wedding, it was such a bliss! Super happy! You might want to check out weddingsatwork.com, super helpful. you might also want to join their egroups. :)
goodluck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...